Thursday 13 August 2015

SCHWEINY SET FOR FIRST START

Schweinsteiger: 'I'll be fit next week'

 Manchester United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger says "I hope I will be 100 per cent fit in the next week" after making his debut against Tottenham.

                                  Bastian Schweinsteiger: Feels he is getting closer to full fitness                            

The German international played half an hour of United's 1-0 win at Old Trafford on Saturday after picking up a calf injury during the club's pre-season tour of the Unites States.





Pep Guardiola, who managed Schweinsteiger at Bayern Munich before his transfer, raised doubts over the 31-year-old's fitness by claiming that the midfielder was never fully fit during the last three seasons.

"It's fine. I had three or four days in America where I had this injury and it was not so good for my rhythm," Schweinsteiger told the club's official website.
"Now I feel much better and also the game was very important to play 30 minutes.
"The training sessions are very important for me, too. I'm getting better and I hope I will be 100 per cent fit in the next week."
Schweinsteiger also thanked his team-mates for helping him settle quickly at Carrington.
"It's getting better and better. Everything is something new for me - a new step in my life - and I'm really looking forward to settling in more and more with my team-mates," added Schweinsteiger.
"They are helping me a lot and we do a lot of things together in our free time. My team-mates help me to choose restaurants, for example, and golf courses, something like this.
"But the most important thing is to be successful this season and to win the matches."

No comments:

Post a Comment